Friday, December 25, 2009


Tata Jagriti Yatra Day 1

Day 1 at TJY

I have never been so excited as much as I have been for this trip, I have awaited TJY since almost over a month, since I was shortlisted. We were called at 8 am at Ravindra Natya Mandir, staying in Mumbai, gave me a little comfort. I reached about at 9 am, met over 400 vibrant young men,We exchanged ideas. We had breakfast, got done with the formalities and it was lunch time. Then finally we were inducted into the process and institution. TJY is an initiative of Jagriti Sewa Sansthan, a non-profit instituted by Mr. Shashank Mani. I went through the notes and the handbook, a part of the Yatri Kit.

And the excitement just kept growing. Post lunch, Ms. Rewati Prabhu and Mr. Shashank Mani presented about how it all began and introduced the 3rd edition of TJY. The mammoth TJY event is organized by a skeleton team of about 8.
We practiced the Jagriti Geet. More on that a little later.

Recalling, when I met an enterprising young man at an entrepreneurship summit in New Delhi, explaining me more about this event, I could never imagine, that this is how exciting it is going to be. This was the TIE Entrepreneurship Summit way back in October 2007, when Swapnil introduced me to TJY.

I feel that Franchising in 2010 will be a lot more inclusive, just thanks to social franchising and its outlook.

During the networking break, I met with a lot of people, explaining what is franchising, what is our business model and so on. By the end of the day, I had already learned how-to-simplify-it. It just helps you get your ideas clearer.
I was just regretting all the people that could not join me for the trip, namely my friends and colleagues. TJY is a great event, the audience mix is more of students (potential entrepreneurs) than actual entrepreneurs, between the age of 20 and 25. I met a lot of engineers during these days.

No comments: